HELP: Quick Question - Emacs

Post by John Morto » Thu, 02 Apr 1998 04:00:00

how do i disable the autosave feature - so that i avoid all of those
irritating .saves-etc in my root directory - some lisp file somewhere ?

HELP: Quick Question - Emacs

Post by Isaac T » Mon, 06 Apr 1998 05:00:00

    John> how do i disable the autosave feature - so that i avoid all of
    John> those irritating .saves-etc in my root directory - some lisp file
    John> somewhere ?

It should be on the Emacs News.  Add the following line to your .emacs:

(setq auto-save-list-file-prefix 'nil)

Isaac.

1. Quick Emacs Question

This is a quick 'display-time- question about emacs...

As things stand (Redhat 6.0, emacs 20.3) 'display time' works fine on the
console, but make emacs hang every time in X.

Can anyone suggest a way of setting up my .emacs so that 'display-time' is
automatically started on the console, but *NOT* in X?

TIA

2. Sunscreen 3.2 / Windows 2000 Admin station

3. I have a Quick Question, need quick answer.

4. HELP! bugs in Solaris socket() code?

5. GNU Emacs and some .emacs questions

6. Gopher Client on AIX (3.1.5)?

7. HELP!: Quick Question

8. setting up IPchains and email on server

9. Quick Question: Very Basic - I need help.

10. Quick Question - please help

11. Help! Quick Sendmail question

12. Please help, quick news question..

13. help with quick sendmail question