linux install hangs

Post by moyses mand » Wed, 23 Aug 1995 04:00:00

I am installing slackware from walnut creek. I go through the scsi
disk that sees my HD etc and then I go through the root disk color
144. I get to a dead end with a message VFS mounted and a blinking
cursor. I have tried brand new boot and root disks and I get the same
results. I am using a P120 with a buslogic controller(946c) and a 2
gig Scsi Conner HD. I have EDO ram (32 meg). I used the same disks and
CDrom on another system with a P100 and 32 meg Dram without problems.
Can someone help. I called walnut creek and they could not help.
Thanks

linux install hangs

Post by moyses mand » Thu, 24 Aug 1995 04:00:00

I am installing slackware from walnut creek. I go through the scsi
disk that sees my HD etc and then I go through the root disk color
144. I get to a dead end with a message "VFS mounted root" (Minix
Filesystem)  and a blinking cursor. I have tried brand new boot and
root disks and I get the same results. I am using a P120 with a
buslogic controller(946c) and a 2 gig Scsi Conner HD. I have EDO ram
(32 meg). I used the same disks and CDrom on another system with a
P100 and 32 meg Dram without problems.
Can someone help. I called walnut creek and they could not help.
Thanks

1. Linux Install Hangs/Second Hard Drive

Hi:

I am getting into Linux in a big way at work, so I decided to buy a second
hard drive for my home computer, an Aptiva 2159, S-80, with 64 Megs of EDO
Ram, etc., and install Linux there. I have to make it invisible, because I'm
not home enough to do tech support for my wife and daughter. I bought a 4.3
gig Maxtor, which Staples practically paid me to take away, and installed it
just fine. I copied my 3.2 gig IBM onto it, and switched them. The Maxtor is
now the Primary Master and the IBM is the Slave. They both work just fine
... under Windows 98.

I have the Mandrake Redhat Linux 6.0 from BJs, which installed without a
hitch at work. When I try to install it at home, on the IBM Slave it hangs
when it gets to "Running Install." Alt F4 shows a continuous and continuing
string of something like "<4> Lost Interrupt" messages.

Please help. I am getting sick of having to stay late at work just to play
with Linux!

Thanks,
John

2. A problem with SVGAlib

3. RedHat Linux Install Hangs

4. Maintainance release 2.2?

5. Redhat Linux Install Hangs

6. How to install emacs after the initial installation???

7. Linux install hangs at specifying IDE CDROM

8. rm command?

9. LINUX INSTALL HANGS PLZ HELP

10. Can't install LINUX - CD hangs up after 71% installed

11. SCSI Bus Hangs (was OSR5.0.2 Install Hangs)

12. 4.7 install hangs (CD boot hangs when probing devices)

13. install hangs at package install