HELP PLEASE, I WANT TO INSTALL REDHAT 5.1 LINUX

HELP PLEASE, I WANT TO INSTALL REDHAT 5.1 LINUX

Post by Rod Smi » Fri, 03 Jul 1998 04:00:00

[Posted and mailed]

Quote:> I Have been looking at the following site.

> http://sunsite.unc.edu/pub/Linux/distributions/redhat/redhat-5.1/

> But I am unable to figure out what I need to download to allow me to install
> Linux on my Intel P233 PC.

> Could someone let me know what I need to download to install Linux on my PC ?

Take a look at:

http://www.users.fast.net/~rodsmith/rhjol.html

It answers that question and others that may or may not be important.  Be
sure to read the section on installing from FAT-32 if that's what you
intend to do.

--
Rod Smith

http://www.users.fast.net/~rodsmith
NOTE: Remove the digit and following word from my address to mail me

1. RedHat 5.1 install crash - please help

2. Why `make clean' when building the kernel

3. redhat 5.1 install never exits & scsi timeouts scsi scan - help please

4. ntfs filesystems and kernel compiling. :(

5. Please Help on PPP Connection Problem with Redhat Linux 5.1

6. Maxi Home studio II and linux

7. Help: Installing Sybase Under RedHat Linux 5.1?

8. SSL and virtual host

9. HELP: Install problems w/ Redhat 5.1 CD from Linux Mall

10. need help installing Redhat Linux 5.1

11. Please Help with Changing Hostname on RedHat 5.1 System

12. RedHat 5.1 on laptop, please help.

13. RedHat 5.1, Sony CDU33A and Kernel Panic Help Please