SuSe 5.2: Mount points and various partitions

SuSe 5.2: Mount points and various partitions

Post by Christian H. Kuh » Fri, 28 Aug 1998 04:00:00

Hi,

Now i got formatted my partitions ;> only to face the next problem:

I wanna mount / on hda2, a linux partition, /usr on hda8, an
umsdos-partition, and /usr/doc on hdb4, a hpfs-partition, and a lot of
other mount-points. / and /usr works, all other mountpoints are written
as dos-directories on hda8 and can't be found in linux. Where is my
fault?

--
mfg/2
QNo

Post by David Goldstei » Fri, 28 Aug 1998 04:00:00

> Hi,

> Now i got formatted my partitions ;> only to face the next problem:

> I wanna mount / on hda2, a linux partition, /usr on hda8, an
> umsdos-partition, and /usr/doc on hdb4, a hpfs-partition, and a lot of
> other mount-points. / and /usr works, all other mountpoints are written
> as dos-directories on hda8 and can't be found in linux. Where is my
> fault?

> --
> mfg/2
> QNo

  If I understand this post correctly, I believe the problem is that Linux
can only recognize 4 primary partitions per HD.  If you really have hda8,
the problem could be there.  I know that I am probably wrong, though :)

David