I need help installing Linux (Red Hat 6.0) on partitioned HD

I need help installing Linux (Red Hat 6.0) on partitioned HD

Post by Too Much Sp » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

I am trying to install Red Hat Linux 6.0.  I have a 13 Gig HD which is
partitioned into Win NT, Win 98 and (hopefully) Linux.  I have set aside about
a Gig for the Linux.

I made a bootup disk using the rawrite executable from boot.img.  I boot up OK,
and the follow the directions.  I choose CDROM as the source, and then the
system just locks up (I waited two hours for something to happen - nothing).

Is there something I am missing?

(Please reply here as I don't like to have my E-mail availabel for the
spammers)

I need help installing Linux (Red Hat 6.0) on partitioned HD

Post by QuestionExchang » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Quote:> I am trying to install Red Hat Linux 6.0.  I have a 13 Gig HD
which is
> partitioned into Win NT, Win 98 and (hopefully) Linux.  I

have set aside about
Quote:> a Gig for the Linux.

> I made a bootup disk using the rawrite executable from

boot.img.  I boot up OK,
Quote:> and the follow the directions.  I choose CDROM as the source,
and then the
> system just locks up (I waited two hours for something to
happen - nothing).

> Is there something I am missing?

> (Please reply here as I don't like to have my E-mail
availabel for the
> spammers)

First of all, I think you dont need to insert your bootdisk
just set your BIOS to boot from your CDROM and then when you
see the boot menu type expert and then press ENTER to start
install
I think you should be no problem with this ...
regards
Prince

--
  This answer is courtesy of QuestionExchange.com
  http://www.questionexchange.com/showUsenetGuest.jhtml?ans_id=7888&cus...

7.1 installation?

Here's my problem:

Please help!

2. sd module causes recursive mutex_enter panic....

3. Installing RealProducer Plus 6.0 in Red Hat Linux 6.0

4. Any alternatives to bootdisk for install?

5. Red Hat Linux 6.0 doesn't see my Gateway HD

6. Those Elves

7. installing red hat from HD with minimal HD size

8. Firewall Setting

9. installing red hat from HD with a small HD

10. Red Hat 6.0 Linux partition

11. Red Hat 6.0 install errors: "Install bootloader"

12. help installing ne2000 clone network card on red hat 6.0

13. HELP ON INSTALLING RED-HAT 6.0