Red Hat Picasso vs Mitsumi CD

Post by Keith Rohr » Mon, 30 Sep 1996 04:00:00

Has anyone installed Red Hat 3.0.3 with a Mitsumi non-IDE CDROM?
The kernel they provide for their boot disk works fine, and I can
boot with it and mount CD's no problem, but when I try to make the
CD the root filesystem (I was trying to install onto a 4 meg machine),
I get a false "no CD in drive" message from the mcd driver.

Am I just low on RAM, or has anyone had/solved this problem?

        Keith
--
Disclaimer:  Do not taunt Happy Fun God.

Post by Linucklehea » Thu, 03 Oct 1996 04:00:00

> Has anyone installed Red Hat 3.0.3 with a Mitsumi non-IDE CDROM?
> The kernel they provide for their boot disk works fine, and I can
> boot with it and mount CD's no problem, but when I try to make the
> CD the root filesystem (I was trying to install onto a 4 meg machine),
> I get a false "no CD in drive" message from the mcd driver.

> Am I just low on RAM, or has anyone had/solved this problem?

I run one of the old Mitsumi 1x that uses either a proprietary
controller or an Aztech SGNXPro sound card.  It ran great
under RedHat 2.x and 3.0.3 but I haven't got it mounted
under 2.0 kernel.  I suspect I need to re-read the HOWTOs.

At the lilo setup I entered "linux mcd=0xnnn,m"
where nnnn=base address(hex) and m=irq.

good luck.

7.1 installation?

Here's my problem:

Please help!

2. Slackware upgrade trashes Man pages

3. "Official" Red Hat vs. Red Hat

4. Xtend Announces Caviar 3.0

5. Red Hat 5.0 vs. Red Hat 5.1

6. How to set-up Linux test web server and file server

7. Red Hat Linux for $50 at RedHat.Com vs. Red Hat from LSL

8. FS: Redhat Pro Server 7.0 $40 OBO

9. Unable to Install Red Hat 4.0 from Mitsumi 2X CD ROM

10. Red Hat 7.1 install, Mitsumi 2X CD-ROM woes

11. Red hat install problems with older Mitsumi CD