Problems under YAST with Windows2000 created partitions

Problems under YAST with Windows2000 created partitions

Post by Samuel Rot » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

I bought a new hp 20 GB. Under Windows2000 I create two Fat32 partitions.
These run without problems. Now I wanted to install SUSE Linux 6.4. There is
still at the moment 10 GB unused. Thus I selected in the Yast the HDC, but
me yast then none of the two partitions shows there on. Only 20 GB of Free
Space. Why that?
Can someone help me?

Problems under YAST with Windows2000 created partitions

Post by Michel Catuda » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Samuel Roth a crit :

Quote:

> I bought a new hp 20 GB. Under Windows2000 I create two Fat32 partitions.
> These run without problems. Now I wanted to install SUSE Linux 6.4. There is
> still at the moment 10 GB unused. Thus I selected in the Yast the HDC, but
> me yast then none of the two partitions shows there on. Only 20 GB of Free
> Space. Why that?
> Can someone help me?

Perhaps winblows use a weird partition scheme. Try using the text mode install and use the
text mode fdisk and take a peek as to what partition identification are. Code for partition, fdisk
or cfdisk should give you that. If you don't see any partitions then that would imply that Microsoft has
done a new one again.

It could be the partitionner that you are using that doesn't see the partition.

If you can't do anything with it try partition magic to fix the partition or recreate good partitions.

--
Vous en avez plein l'casse du plantage avec Ti-Mou?
C'est l'temps d'essayer Linux

1. LILO: dual Windows2000/Windows2000 ?

I need to have a dual-boot machine, where I can maintain two different
environments.  On one hard drive I will boot into my business
environment.  And then another environment for home/entertainment use
that the kids can use without endangering my work stuff.  I have two
hard drives, and I want to set up each one with its own Windows 2000
installation.

I don't know how to properly configure a boot-loader to make it
possible to choose the environment at boot time.

Can/should I use LILO to do this?  If so, what do I do?  If not, what
should I use?

Thanks,
mike

2. Only Linux survive in overclocking

3. YAST-Backup without YAST-Menue HOW???

4. Amanda needs config.h and options.h

5. D2

6. suse 6.3, yast 2 installtion, any way to do yast 1?

7. YA4.1B

8. YAST-Backup without YAST-Menue HOW???

9. How to create arbitrary IP packets in windows2000

10. Can FIPS partition a 16GB hard disk running Windows2000 Pro (NTFS)?

11. Dual booting system; Windows2000 keep formatting linux partition to NTFS again and again