PROBLEMS WITH MAN PAGES

Post by Andries Brouw » Thu, 09 Nov 1995 04:00:00

: None of the man pages seem to work.  For instance if I type man
: ls it says formatting page, and then thows me to a blank
: screen.  Can anyone lend some advice??

Perhaps you did not install groff?

PROBLEMS WITH MAN PAGES

Post by Lonnie Fluege » Thu, 09 Nov 1995 04:00:00

I have slakware version 3.0.  I installed the following disk
sets.  a, ap, d, n, x.  The ap set contains the manual pages.

None of the man pages seem to work.  For instance if I type man
ls it says formatting page, and then thows me to a blank
screen.  Can anyone lend some advice??

Thanks!!
lmf

1. Problems with Man Pages

Hello

I just installed Linux from the SlackWare 3.0 CD. The Problem I am
having is that my man pages are not working. I type 'man ls' and the
only thing I get is and End of File output. All the man pages seem to be
there. Does any one know of a solution?

Thanks

2. I busted Netscape printing (help)

3. Problems with man pages after 7.0 upgrade

4. AT&T-like free Unix ? beware of lamers magnifying division.

5. Problems with man pages -- Irix 4.0

6. display pwd in xterm title bar with tcsh

7. Problem with Man pages display

8. Questions about linux, apps, and disk space

9. Problem with MAN-PAGES on SYSV !!!

10. Problem w/ man pages and installing X11R6 3.2

11. Strange Problem with Man Pages

12. Mouse Problem and Man Pages

13. Problem with man pages