KDE Taskbar disapeared

Post by Simon W » Fri, 27 Jun 2003 03:16:56

Hello,

I was running VNC server on my Redhat 7.2 PC with "startkde" as the desktop.
At once point, I lost the taskbar on the KDE desktop and don't know how to
get it back.

Thanks for your help.

Simon

KDE Taskbar disapeared

Post by nuny » Thu, 26 Jun 2003 21:36:40

> Hello,

> I was running VNC server on my Redhat 7.2 PC with "startkde" as the desktop.
> At once point, I lost the taskbar on the KDE desktop and don't know how to
> get it back.

> Thanks for your help.

> Simon

At a command line:
kicker
--
The idea that Bill Gates has appeared like a knight in shining armor
to lead all customers out of a mire of technological chaos neatly

KDE Taskbar disapeared

Post by Simon W » Fri, 27 Jun 2003 06:07:25

Thanks for the help.

I typed kicker at a command line and the nothing happens. Process shows one
kicker and one kicker defunct.

I need the taskbar so that when I icons a window, I can reclaim it from the
taskbar.

Simon

Post by mjt » Fri, 27 Jun 2003 09:01:38

> I typed kicker at a command line and the nothing happens. Process shows
> one kicker and one kicker defunct.

> I need the taskbar so that when I icons a window, I can reclaim it from
> the taskbar.

.... do a killall on the kicker, then restart it, and then
please dont top post