Netscape Communicator and message flagging

Netscape Communicator and message flagging

Post by Patric » Fri, 03 Jul 1998 04:00:00

I posted previously about not being able to find a "flag" column in the
mailbox window so i could flag and batch delete messages.  Silly me, I
did not click on the left arrow at the right of the window enough times
when I was first playing with communicator to activate the column.  Now I
have but...

there is an apparent problem with it.  I am running RH5.0, kernel 2.0.31,
and have installed Communicator 4.05.  I can now flag messages to my
hearts content either directly or via menu options but I cannot "select
flagged messages".  The reason is that even though (and regardless of the
means used to flag the messages) I flag a bunch of message, the "select
flagged messages" menu option is greyed out.  Nothing I have tried seems
to activate this menu option.

What use is flagging messages if you can't do anything with them once
flagged?

What is wrong here?

Thanks,

patrick

1. Communicator 4.05 and flagging messages

Okay, this may actually turn out to be a stupid question but
here it is:

Is there a way to add a "flagged" column to the Communicator
mail and news window?  Previous versions of Netscape had a
column that could display a red checkmark when a message was
flagged.  With both Communicator 4.04 and 4.05, there is
apparently no such animal.  It is not obvious nor easy, from
what I have seen, to flag a bunch of messages and then delete
flagged messages.  Or am I missing something simple?

It shouldn't matter but I run RH 5.0 kernel 2.0.31.

patrick

2. (fwd) x86 2.4 - Pprinting problem

3. Netscape 4.5 flagged messages, how to load?

4. 2.5.50 link error: kd_nosound

5. problem Netscape Communicator 4.03 not running but netscape 3.04 is running

6. What is the difference between Name and Nickname in network configurator?

7. Regarding Netscape-Communicator and Netscape-Common

8. Debugger, run time checking, attaching to a running process

9. Matrox Mystique ands X.

10. hp-ux C compiler flags vs hp-aix C compiler flags

11. stdout/stderr message when editing preferences in NS Communicator 4.07

12. ide driver bug fix for the error message "hda: bad special flag 0x03"

13. about arp Flags message ...