HELP: ADAPTEC 2842 and SLACKWARE 3.0.0

Post by Eri » Wed, 14 May 1997 04:00:00

Hello,

I've got a SCSI 2842 Adaptec and a SCSI Quantum Lighting second HD
with a 300 Mo DOS partition on it. (My 1st HD is a Seagate EIDE with a
DOS primary active DOS partition. I want to install Linux on the SCSI HD
(I've 400 Mo free).
I've made a boot and a root disk with rawrite.

But during the reading of the boot disk I've got a kernel panic:

aic7xxx: Downloading sequencer code..done
Resetting the SCSI bus...
eata_dma: No BIOS32 extensions present. This driver release still
depends on it.
o Skipping scan for PCI HBAs.
aic7xxx_isr: Encoutered spurious interrupt.
eata_pio: No BIOS32 extensions present. This driver release still
depends on it.
  Skipping scan for PCI HBAs
EATA0: address 0x5c88 in use, skipping probe.
EATA0: address 0x1f0 in use, skipping probe.
scsi0: Adaptec AHA274x/etc... (description de ma 2842)
scsi: 1 host.
aic7xxx: Scanning channel A for devices
aic7xxx:_isr: brkadrint (0x1):
        Illegal Host Access
Kernel panic: aic7xxx_isr: brkadrint, error = 0x1, seqaddr = 0x0

Could you help me please ???