Newbie: Diamond Fire GL 1000 Pro video card

Newbie: Diamond Fire GL 1000 Pro video card

Post by Ujwal Sathy » Fri, 22 Jan 1999 04:00:00

Hi all,

I am trying to install Redhat 5.2 onto my NT machine. My video card is a
Diamond Fire GL 1000 Pro that is said to be supported according to the
webpage at Redhat:

http://www.redhat.com/support/docs/rhl/intel/rh52-hardware-intel-10.h...

However, that card in not listed when Xconfigurator is run during the
install. When I chose unlisted card, it asked me which X-server I needed
and gives me a list of available servers. According to the web page above,
The Fire GL card is supported by the XF86_3DLab server. However, the 3DLab
server is not among the list of available servers (there is no RPM) in
Redhat 5.2.

How can I get Redhat 5.2 to recognize my video card?

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Ujwal

Post by howard man » Fri, 22 Jan 1999 04:00:00

>Hi all,

>I am trying to install Redhat 5.2 onto my NT machine. My video card is a
>Diamond Fire GL 1000 Pro that is said to be supported according to the
>webpage at Redhat:

>http://www.redhat.com/support/docs/rhl/intel/rh52-hardware-intel-10.h...

>However, that card in not listed when Xconfigurator is run during the
>install. When I chose unlisted card, it asked me which X-server I needed
>and gives me a list of available servers. According to the web page above,
>The Fire GL card is supported by the XF86_3DLab server. However, the 3DLab
>server is not among the list of available servers (there is no RPM) in
>Redhat 5.2.

>How can I get Redhat 5.2 to recognize my video card?

>Any help will be appreciated.

Sure.  You need to upgrade to XFree86, 3.3.3.1  Then use XF86Setup to configure
X.

Full details at:    http://www.redhat.com/support/docs/rhl/XFree86-upgrade.html

Cheers,

 Howard Mann

http://www.xmission.com/~howardm
(a LINUX website for newbies)

Post by Roy Stogn » Mon, 01 Feb 1999 04:00:00

>I am trying to install Redhat 5.2 onto my NT machine. My video card is a
>Diamond Fire GL 1000 Pro that is said to be supported according to the
>webpage at Redhat:

The XFree86-3DLabs server was released in the 5.2 updates - you can
find it (and lots of other stuff) at http://rpmfind.net/linux/RPM/
---
Roy Stogner