redhat 5.2 install problem

Post by Andreas Schyma » Sun, 06 Dec 1998 04:00:00

Quote:> speed disk, made a bootable floppy & booted from it. ran fips which
> gives me an error as there is hidden files which cant be moved existing
> on the last cylinder. have deleted image.idx (mirorsav.fil does not
> exist).

Not sure which version of fips you are using, but check so it can handle
FAT32 drives. I know the old version can't but there is a new version
that can... Can't remember its name for sure, but I guess it is
something like fips32.

Andreas

redhat 5.2 install problem

Post by Michae » Mon, 07 Dec 1998 04:00:00

hi & thanks in advance,
    am trying to install from a cd. so far have ran defrag & norton
speed disk, made a bootable floppy & booted from it. ran fips which
gives me an error as there is hidden files which cant be moved existing
on the last cylinder. have deleted image.idx (mirorsav.fil does not
exist).
    using dir /a:h /s  have found many hidden files. do i have to delete
them all? can i find out which ones are on the last cylinder?
    also should i change to fat 16? & then change back to fat32 after
install?

my system:

win 98
pentium 233mmx