Linux still can't detec Sony cdu33a CD-Rom driver

Linux still can't detec Sony cdu33a CD-Rom driver

Post by youcheng zha » Mon, 04 Sep 1995 04:00:00

Hi, there,

I am trying to make my Sony cdu33a cd-rom driver work under Linux.
The cd-rom driver is attached to soundblaster 16 soundcard and works
fine under dos/windows with 2 ide hard drive.
I use kernel 1.2.9 and configure kernel with cdu31a driver and iso9660
filesystem support and have symbolic link /dev/cdrom to /dev/cdu31a.
I have run the MAKEDEV.ide1 shell script file and put kernel command
hdc=cdrom
append = "cdu31a=0x230,0," (also tried "append=cdu31a=0x230,0,")
in lilo.conf file.
(I have tried also boot to DOS then insert bootdisk to boot to Linux)
The cdrom driver still can't be detected at the boot time.
The cdu31a device driver exists with right major and minor number,
and doing cat /proc/filesystems indicate the presence of iso9660
filesystem. However doing cat /proc/devices does not show the presence
of cdu31a cdrom device driver.

Please help !!!
Any help, solutions or suggestions will be greatly appriciated.

Youcheng Zhang
Dept. Oceanography, TAMU

1. Can't Get Sony CDU33A CD-ROM to Work

I cant't get my Sony CDU33A to work with release 2.2.6. The CD-ROM is
connected to a Sound Blaster 16 card, and uses address 0x230. The device
is either not found, or I get an error message telling me that the CD
looks more like an Audio CD than the FreeBSD distribution. Now, FreeBSD
IS sweet music, but... :-)

Does anybody have a solution?

Thanks!

Paal

2. fancy designer mouse - where?

3. WTB: Linux Cd-rom for my Sony CDU33a

4. security for one user

5. Gateway CD-ROM (Sony CDU33A) and Linux

6. what kernel for IDE 40GB drive ?

7. Opti929s sound card & Sony CDU33A Cd-Rom

8. Laptops for SCO

9. Sony CDU33A CD-ROM install problem

10. HELP! Sony CDU33a CD-ROM

11. recognizing the Sony CDU33A CD-ROM drive...

12. Help needed mounting Sony CDU33a CD-ROM

13. Problems detecting Sony CDU33A CD-ROM drive