Screen Blanker? How to disable?

Post by Matthew E. Pearso » Sat, 21 Nov 1998 04:00:00

You know the screen blanker you get in Linux? How do you configure/remove
it? Is it a shell var?

It comes on in text or X mode and it really pisses me off! help!

please email me:

Post by Kent Robott » Sun, 22 Nov 1998 04:00:00

> You know the screen blanker you get in Linux? How do you configure/remove
> it? Is it a shell var?
> It comes on in text or X mode and it really pisses me off! help!
> please email me:

It's probably in one of the /etc/rc.d scripts, on slackware it would
be /etc/rc.d/rc.M.

To turn of blanking.

setterm -blank 0 -store

Post by Paul E Lars » Sun, 22 Nov 1998 04:00:00

>> You know the screen blanker you get in Linux? How do you configure/remove
>> it? Is it a shell var?

>> It comes on in text or X mode and it really pisses me off! help!

>> please email me:

>It's probably in one of the /etc/rc.d scripts, on slackware it would
>be /etc/rc.d/rc.M.

>To turn of blanking.

>setterm -blank 0 -store

Are you sure it is in Linux and not part of the APM in BIOS?

Paul

1. How To Disable Command Line Screen Blanker

In Redhat 7
I need to disable the command line screen blanker. Like if you are
logged on but NOT using X, so you re in a command line environment, in
RedHat7+ there is a screen blanker that acts as a screen saver.... i
just blanks the screen after a few  I need to de-activate it but can't
find reference to it anywhere!!

ThanksYa!

2. Adabas SQL server

3. Need help disabling screen blanker

4. embedding userid and password in POST request

5. Disabling the Linux screen-blanker

6. Dell 19" monitor problem

7. Need help securing e-commerce web server

8. disabling screen blanker on 0.99.14

9. Q: How to disable screen blanker

10. How to disable screen blanker

11. Disabling Screen Blanker