Behind the Firewall - Setup?

Post by Miikka Kokkone » Wed, 25 Oct 1995 04:00:00

How to setup Linux Box to be behind the firewall?
Is there anything special?
What else?

First time behind the firewall, so
please tell me some facts.

Thank You!
Miikka Kokkonen

1. FreeBSD and natd - routing from behind firewall to behind firewall.

Having a strange problem with a FreeBSD gateway/firewall system I set up.
The gateway connects a small network to an ADSL line and has three static
external IP addresses.  I am using natd to provide access to the Internet
for computers in the internal LAN.

One of the machines behind the firewall is a web server and I use a natd
line similar to the following to route incoming connections to that box:

redirect_address 192.168.1.100 xxx.xxx.xxx.1

In this case the real IP of the web server is 192.168.1.100 and it is
accessed from outside the LAN by the address xxx.xxx.xxx.1.  This works.

The problem is that if any of the computers on the internal LAN try to
access the web server at xxx.xxx.xxx.1 it doesn't work.  I can access the
web server fine from inside the LAN using the local address (192.168.1.100).

I suspect there is a simple solution to this problem.  Can anyone explain
what it is?

Thanks,
Don

2. Two completely unrelated questions

3. FTP server behind linux firewall communicating w/ FTP behind linux firewall

4. Arcnet and Linux 1.2.8

5. FTP server behind on firewall FTP client behind another

6. Looking for C socket library

7. help to setup ftp server behind dsl router and firewall

8. What is the kernel trying to tell me???

9. need help to setup wireless router behind another firewall

10. VPN setup with Win98 boxes behind Linux firewall(s)

11. Help me with BOOTP Setup (*behind* firewall)

12. setup DNS server behind firewall

13. ping from behind firewall, but not on firewall