Netscape quirk in Redhat 5.1

Post by Ahmed Asla » Fri, 07 Aug 1998 04:00:00

Hi,

I run a RH 5.1 Intel box. Here's the problem I have. The Nestcape that
came with RH 5.1 is version 4.05 with 40-bit encryption. I d/l the
128-bit version of 4.05 and installed it in /usr/local/netscape. I even
set MOZILLA_HOME to /usr/local/netscape. Heres what happens:

40-bit netscape: runs fine and loads up
128-bit netscape: segmentation fault.

They're in two seperate locations, but I don't understand why one crashes
and the other doesn't. I used the ns-install script to install Netscape.

Anyone else have this problem?

Netscape quirk in Redhat 5.1

Post by root » Fri, 07 Aug 1998 04:00:00

> Hi,

> I run a RH 5.1 Intel box. Here's the problem I have. The Nestcape that
> came with RH 5.1 is version 4.05 with 40-bit encryption. I d/l the
> 128-bit version of 4.05 and installed it in /usr/local/netscape. I even
> set MOZILLA_HOME to /usr/local/netscape. Heres what happens:

> 40-bit netscape: runs fine and loads up
> 128-bit netscape: segmentation fault.

> They're in two seperate locations, but I don't understand why one crashes
> and the other doesn't. I used the ns-install script to install Netscape.

> Anyone else have this problem?

Hi,

        Have a look at Fortify, http://www.fortify.net/, you change the 40 bit
Netscape to the 128-bit Netscape.

HTH

Willem Brown

1. Netscape RedHat 5.1

Hello,

I installed Netscape on my RedHat 5.1 Linux machine. I installed Netscape
using the Rpm. When I try to start Netscape typing "netscape" I get the
following errors:

/usr/lib/netscape-communicator: error in loading shared libraries
/usr/lib/libBrokenLocale.so: cannot open shared object file: no such file or
directory.

Can anybody tell me what to do ?

Thanx.

ML

2. Silly advise in bridge Configure help

3. Some RealAudio/Netscape problems on Linux Redhat 5.1

4. ppp help step by step

5. Netscape 4.5_PR2 and RedHat 5.1

6. Support of VME based NFS Accelators

7. Fontsize in Netscape Communicator X11R6 RedHat 5.1

8. Access to video memory

9. problems with Netscape 4.06 and Redhat 5.1

10. RedHat 5.1, /dev/lp1, netscape mail/news.

11. No Netscape for Linux on Cheapbyte "mondo" pack with Redhat 5.1?

12. Netscape plugins for RedHat 5.1

13. Netscape in RedHat 5.1