Printer problems under RH 7.1

Post by Yanglon » Wed, 20 Jun 2001 14:25:31

Hi everybody,

I used the printtool to setup an Epson Stylus color 740 printer. But no
matter how do I test print, the printer never responded. The printer is
connected to a duo boot system WindowsME and RHLinux 7.1. Under Windows
it works fine, but not under RH 7.1. What is the trick?

Please help.

1. RH 7.1 Printer configuration problem

Hi :
I just migrated to RH 7.1 from RH 7.0. I m having problem with my
printer.
I used the new tool printconf to do the job. I defined a new queue.
But when I try to test a page ( or invoke lpq from teh command line ),

not be located. I searched the web and LPRng howto seemed to be
suggesting that I get this because I dont have an /etc/printcap. In my
case I have one except that it only have comment lines ( cautioning me
not to edit it directly ).
1. So how am I supposed to get printcap configured. Or did I miss
something else.
2. Also in the earlier print configuration tool ( which I used to
launch from the control-panel ), there was an option to define a queue
that will print 2 ( or 4 or 8 ) pages on one side of the sheet. I
couldn t find any ways in the new printconf. Is that a dead end.

-sony

2. CVS or VSS?

3. KPP mouse and printer in RH 7.1

4. Flatfish is a good troller

5. RH 7.1, network printer, long post

6. insmod ip_tables woes

7. Printer Detection for RH 7.1

8. 15+bit color in X and color?

9. RH 7.1 crashes under heavy disk load, RH 6.1 works fine

10. RH 7.1 over RH 7.0

11. Firewall in upgrade fro RH 7.0 to RH 7.1

12. Updating a RH 7.1 box with a RAID 1 to RH 9

13. transfer drivers from RH 7.1-> RH 6.2