RedHat 6.2 re-installation fails

Post by Patrick.Bulti.. » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Dear,

I had a PIII; 800 Coppermine with SCSI controller running Linux RedHat
6.2 quite happily, but re-installed it after some hardware (NIC) misery.
Now I let RH do a GNOME workstation installation. I can specify
partitions etc., but when they need to be formatted, I see no HD
activity. Too bad, but RH proceeds with the package installation. When
this is done, the system simply hangs. There is no disk (SCSI, Adaptec)
/dev/sda activity anymore. Touching the space bar makes the comp wake
up, and it tells me that it is doing post installation configuration.
And this lasts and lasts without observable activity... Eventually I
have to shut everything down, and end up doing Windows work... I
currently have several pc's running linux, but this one puzzles me.

Any advice ? And could it have anything to do with the network interface
card ?

Thanks,

Patrick

1. Install problem: RedHat re-installation

Ok, so I'm trying to reinstall after I had some sort of system failure
which killed my LILO.  Now, as I try and create the install disk for
InfoMagic's RedHat, running rawrite, it allows me to enter the boot.img
and a: info, then reeports it cannot find a sector and promptly ruins a
formatted disk such that I have to reformat it.  Any ideas on what might
be the problem?

Thanks,
Dax Westerman

2. ncpfs-problem

3. redhat 6.2 Apache 1.3.20 configure fails

4. Linux install using bootrom & initrd

5. RedHat 6.2 Install Reboot Failed

6. Hi, i'm a newbie and I need help concerning the setup of Linux (slackware)

7. exportinng display fails on DELL pc - redhat 6.2

8. which distribution?

9. failed redhat 6.2 installl now can't fdisk

10. Newbie: RedHat 6.2 install fails on Sparc

11. Redhat 6.2 Dual Xeon 2.2GHz Fails

12. Upgrade to Redhat 6.2 fails: upgrade.log not found

13. installing redhat 6.2 boot fail on partition check