LILO failure after RedHat install

Post by no-spam-or-commerci.. » Mon, 18 Aug 1997 04:00:00

Please  be so kind as to tell me how I can get back into RedHat (3.0.3- I know
it's old but it was free) when LILO has as error and I wasn't able to create a
boot floppy with the installation.  LILO gives me "LIL-" then halts.  How do I
fix this?  I have the same problem on an older LILO floppy created for Slakware.

Julie

It is UNLAWFUL to send unsolicited commercial
email to this email address per United States
Code Title 47 Sec. 227.  I assess a fee of $500
U.S currency for reading and deleting such
unsolicited commercial email. Sending such email
to this address denotes acceptance of these
terms.  My posting messages to Usenet neither
grants consent to receive unsolicited commercial
email nor is intended to solicit commercial email.
   Wait. I changed my mind.  If you *ing spam
me, I'm going to *ing email-BOMB the shit out
of your server. So before you write me about all
your new technology and inventions and passwords,
go find yourself an annonymous emailer. And may
GOD get to you before I trace you anyway. :)

1. lilo & redhat 5.1 install failure

I have tried to install redhat 5.1 on two different dell dimensions.  The
install always fails when it tries to write lilo to the MBR.  It says that
there is an unexpected error and does not install.  It makes the rescue
floppy and boots fine from it.  I have booted from it and tried to install
lilo manually, but everytime I boot from the hard drive, it cannot find an
os.  I am using a single ide drive.  Any ideas are appreciated.

2. Netatalk - login works but won't mount volume

3. Redhat 6.0 Failure - Failed creating bootdisk and failed install of LILO

4. How can I safely read/write on the 15/16MB memory hole?

5. Redhat 5.0 lilo install failure

6. Yggdrasil install problems

7. LILO failure - RedHat 3.0 and 4.0

8. Can I use a 6.2 CD to upgrade 5.2?

9. Lilo/RedHat/SCSI Installation failure. Infuriating!

10. RH5.0: LILO install failure

11. Failure to install LILO

12. LILO failure in new install

13. RH 4.0 Install Failure: LILO