Hard Disk Detection Problem

Post by Chris Wolstenholm » Fri, 04 Jun 1999 04:00:00

I have an Ultra66 Hard Disk controller board in my machine, but the Linux
kernel (at set up) says that it can't detect the hard drive.

I realize that there may not be support for the functionality of the board,
but is there a way to force the kernel to recognize the hard drive without
removing the controller?

Thanks

Chris Wolstenholme

1. Hard disk detection problem in Debian

Hi,
 I'm trying to install Debian Linux 2.1 on an old Pentium 90 with a
western digital hard disk. After getting the boot: prompt from the
rescue diskette, it begins loading Linux but then I get an error about
the hard disks ports already being in use. The exact screen dump is
below:

ide: i82371 PIIX(Triton) on PCI Bus 0 Function 57
        ide0: BM-DMA at 0x1f0-01f7
        hda: ERROR, PORTS ALREADY IN USE

Can someone please let me know how I could get about troubleshooting
this error ? Needless to add, the hard disk does not get detected and so

Thanks
Abhay Gidwani

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

2. Simulating EOF in UNIX C program

3. (kind-of OT) hard disk detection problem

4. crash command

5. Hard disk detection Problem in Debian 2.1

6. Newbie wants to get started with Redhat6.0

7. hard disk bad block detection routine

8. porting from solaris i86 to solaris sparc

9. hard disk detection

10. internal hard disk detection

11. hard-disc access detection

12. Replacing Hard Disk - Copying Linux system to new Hard Disk ????

13. How to lock the bad sectors on the hard disk without reformatting the hard disk !!??