mount: no medium found

Post by Alan Murrel » Thu, 30 Aug 2001 14:40:41

Hi All!

I've already searched the news archives at dejanews.com
(groups.google.com), and haven't found a solution to this :-(

Background: I have installed a regular CD-ROM device and a CD-RW device,
both using SCSI emulation so that XCDRoast (or GCombust, or whatever GUI
client I use) will be able to see both drives, and make CD-to-CD rips/copies
that much easier.

> I use to have it setup like that.  Why don't you just use ide-scsi
> emulation for both drives?  I use scsi emulation for both drives so
> XCDRoast and other burning frontends can see the regular CDROM too.

Okay, this is no  problem.  When I run "cdrecord -scanbus", both the
CD-RW and CD-ROM are recognized on the scsibus.  Both are on the the
secondary IDE channel (the CDRW is the master and CDROM the slave).

My setup is:
/mnt/cdrw /dev/scd0
/mnt/cdrom /dev/scd1

Except, I am able to mount CDs no problem on the CDRW, but when I try to
do so on the CD-ROM, i get the error "no medium found".  I am thinking
that the problem may lie in my /etc/conf/modules, which is:

alias scd0 sr_mod
alias scd1 sr_mod
alias scsi_hostadapter ide-scsi
options ide-cd ignore='hdc hdd'

I am thinking that the problem lies with the dual "sr_mod" aliases.  Are
there perhaps some parameters that I need to put in there, similar to
what one would normally need to do if they were using two network cards
that were exactly the same model in the same machine?  Or am I on the
wrong track here?

If someone has already done this (KJ), I'd be *very* interested to know
how this problem was solved.  Thanx!

P.S.: It's no biggie that the regular CD-ROM can't read CDs, since it's
only a 12x, and I'll only be using it for CD-to-CD burns, but I would
like to get it working :-)

Thanx, in advance.

1. USB PenDisk mount/umount; mount: No medium found ???

Hello all,
I have bought an Solid State Disk (SSD) with 64MByte (Hamlet Exagerate).
It works nicely on MacOS 9.2 and diverse WindowsX systems.

I have found out how to mount (mount /dev/sda1 /mnt/pendisk). I
supposed that also umount should work.

I unmounted, waited for flashing of the control light to stop, and detached
physically the device. I then attached it again and tried to remount it,
but I get the error: No medium found.

Any idea?

Thanks a lot and have a nice day,

2. boot error - can't open modules

3. mount failed: no medium found

4. how to redirect vmstat -p output

5. mounting CD-R results in "No medium found"

6. DISK DRIVE PARTITIONING

7. CDRW wont mount - says no media found

8. More on Largo

9. How to find nos. of cyl in HD ?

10. mount: mount point /media/cdrom0 does not exist

11. "Mount Problem" Media not mounted correctly

12. HELP: Cannot mount smart media in PCMCIA adapter

13. Microsoft Windows Media Platform Chosen by Hewlett-Packard for Digital Media Solution