Help sending control codes to line printer

Help sending control codes to line printer

Post by Andy Farri » Sat, 06 Jul 1996 04:00:00

i want to add a form feed to each print job i send.  how can i
send the form feed control character to the printer?

On the Epson-style line printer (Panasonic  KX-P1180) the manual lists
the codes like this:

Name            FF
                Hex 0C
                Dec 12

how do i send either Hex or Dec code to the printer?

i using a simple input filter to convert "New-Line" to "CR-LF"
i would like to add the control code to the end of the filter.

even embedding the code into the file to be printed would be helpful.

any ideas?

--

Andrew Farrior

Help sending control codes to line printer

Post by mell » Sat, 06 Jul 1996 04:00:00

Quote:

>i want to add a form feed to each print job i send.  how can i
>send the form feed control character to the printer?

>On the Epson-style line printer (Panasonic  KX-P1180) the manual lists
>the codes like this:

>Name                FF
>            Hex 0C
>            Dec 12

>how do i send either Hex or Dec code to the printer?

>i using a simple input filter to convert "New-Line" to "CR-LF"
>i would like to add the control code to the end of the filter.

>even embedding the code into the file to be printed would be helpful.

>any ideas?

If you're using an sh or bash script, use
echo "\f"

If you're using Perl, use
print "\f";

These assume you're redirecting standard output to your
printer.

>--

>Andrew Farrior

1. Need help about sending printer control code

Hello there,

Does anyone how can I send the following epson control code to the
printer under HP Unix env.

I read the printer menu, to set a vertial postion I have to send the
following code to the printer.

ESC ( V m1 m2 n1 n2
say, m1 = 2 , m2 = 0, n1 = 104, n2 = 1

By the way, if my program can only send Octal ( not HEX or ASCII code ),
what is the value of 104 in Octal ??

Thanks for reading this and your help.

Callum

2. Problem with both CONFIG_FB_SIS_300 and CONFIG_FB_SIS_315

3. Sending printer control codes via lpr on SGI Irix 5.3

4. X on G4 Cube

5. How can I send the contents of a buffer to a line printer from C code?

6. THE doc for modem sharing?

7. Promblem sending printer codes to printer

8. kde2 final released, however..........

9. Sending Octal Escape codes to printer

10. problem sending codes to printer.

11. HOW TO SEND PRINTER CODES TO IBM LASERPRINTER?

12. sending compress code to a printer

13. Printer Control Codes