Real Audio G2 Issue

Post by PST » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

I finally got Real Audio G2 player to work under my Linux 2.2.10
kernel.  Problem is, it will only work when I am logged in as root.
This must be a permissions problem but I cannot seem to find the file or
files in question  When I am logge din as a regular user RA will come up
when I click on a link but it wont connect.  As root it works fine...any
thoughts  would be appreciated....

RH6.0,  Communicator 4.61., 2.2.10 kernel....

Real Audio G2 Issue

Post by Paul Kimo » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

> I finally got Real Audio G2 player to work under my Linux 2.2.10
> kernel.  Problem is, it will only work when I am logged in as root.
> This must be a permissions problem but I cannot seem to find the file or
> files in question  When I am logge din as a regular user RA will come up
> when I click on a link but it wont connect.  As root it works fine

Perhaps you (as the regular user) do not have permission on the audio
device.  Can you make sounds happen without Real Audio?

(Does RA use /dev/dsp or /dev/audio?)

--

1. IP Masq 2.0.30 works for all except NEW G2 REAL AUDIO!

Been using my linux box for about a year with no probs: quake, quake2,
irc, nntp etc but when i loaded the new realplayer w/G2 beta app, it
stopped working.

I am a net programmer and could modify my ipv4_masq_raudio.c if
someone could tell me the change (I've been programming with sockets
on UNIX(SCO) and Win95 for a few years).

2. Gone to RedHat 7.0 and STILL dhcpcd does not work with @home!

3. Best Platform for running a real audio G2 server?

4. Companies with Linux preinstalled?

5. Real Audio Server G2 with OpenLinux 2.2

6. loadbalance / failover the simplest setup ... multiple internal computers 2 external connections

7. Real Audio 3.0/Solaris - "Can't open audio device"

8. Inconsistent x2 connections in Linux

9. The "NT vs. Linux" thread not the issue...real issue elsewhere

10. REAL PLAYER G2 Problems

11. Real Player G2 for Linux?

12. G2 realserver: installing real server