3dlabs Graphics Blaster Extreme Problems

3dlabs Graphics Blaster Extreme Problems

Post by Terry Jenkin » Thu, 21 Jan 1999 04:00:00

I have purchased SuSE Linux 5.3 and have installed the software with little
problems. Unfortunately, I am having problems getting X configured.

When I use SAX (the suggested method) it does not recognise my video card.
When I use XF86Setup, I get an error when I choose the Graphics Blaster
Extreeme option.

I have tried various options, but at best I am not offered any graphics
modes to work in, or the selected card gets rejected. At worst when X is run
the monitor switches itself off, probably out of self preservation.

Can anyone offer any advice. I would so love to get this working?

Thanks

3dlabs Graphics Blaster Extreme Problems

Post by Mark Sh » Sun, 24 Jan 1999 04:00:00

On Wed, 20 Jan 1999 02:05:14 -0000, "Terry Jenkins"

>I have purchased SuSE Linux 5.3 and have installed the software with little
>problems. Unfortunately, I am having problems getting X configured.

>When I use SAX (the suggested method)

Not - the only way is to use xf86config script. It's in the docs - as
is instruction not to use probing of clocks. Do it from command line,
always!!

Mine worked out of the box first time. SuSE 5.3

Quote:>it does not recognise my video card.
>When I use XF86Setup, I get an error when I choose the Graphics Blaster
>Extreeme option.

Card number 105 in xf86config setup

Quote:

>I have tried various options, but at best I am not offered any graphics
>modes to work in, or the selected card gets rejected. At worst when X is run
>the monitor switches itself off, probably out of self preservation.

>Can anyone offer any advice. I would so love to get this working?

>Thanks

From Mark Shaw, in Carlisle, Cumbria, UK.
(http://www.kaisun.demon.co.uk)
Have a good time, whatever machine you play yourself
to sleep with!