upgrading kernel to 2.2.10

Post by caku.. » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Hi there,

I have 2 questions actually.

1. I am running redhat 6.0 (2.2.5). I tried to upgrade to 2.2.10.
Upgrading went fine without any problems. Even the command line
interface works fine. When i did startx to go to the X11 environment,
the X11 server crashes. But when i run the vmlinuz2.2.5 again it is
okie. AM i forgetting something when i am compiling the 2.2.10 kernel??

2. I have enuff disc space that i already have windoz and redhat 6.0,
I would like to add slacware 4.0 too. (3 OSes in total) Is it possible
to add slacware as my 3rd os to my machine. If so how??

Any pointers much appreciated. Thankyou in advance.

cakumar

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/