mount win95

Post by Fei Ch » Tue, 12 May 1998 04:00:00

hi all,
i have trouble mounting my win95 disk under redhat4.2 (kernel 2.0.3) and
was wondering if anyone can give me some hints as to why it's not work: i
get the error:

waldstein# mount -t  vfat /dev/hda1 /mnt/win95/
/proc mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/hda1,
       or too many mounted file systems

the weird thing is that my zip drive mounts fine with
mount -t vfat /dev/sdb /mnt/zip

thanks a lot,

fei

mount win95

Post by Scott Earnes » Tue, 12 May 1998 04:00:00

> hi all,
> i have trouble mounting my win95 disk under redhat4.2 (kernel 2.0.3) and
> was wondering if anyone can give me some hints as to why it's not work: i
> get the error:

> waldstein# mount -t  vfat /dev/hda1 /mnt/win95/
> /proc mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/hda1,
>        or too many mounted file systems

Is your Win95 disk FAT32, and if so, do you have FAT32 support installed?
See:

http://bmrc.berkeley.edu/people/chaffee/fat32.html

to get the appropriate patch for your kernel.  It's possible Linux doesn't
understand your partition types (I should think this patch would resolve that
type of problem).

Quote:> the weird thing is that my zip drive mounts fine with
> mount -t vfat /dev/sdb /mnt/zip

> thanks a lot,

> fei

1. ??: Samba and Mounting Win95 Shares?

The recent Linux Journal contained a Samba article that got me all
interested!  I downloaded the source, compiled, installed.  I can
query and list Win95 shares but there is one option mentioned in the
article that is apparently not (?) in the current version.

How do I mount a Win95 share in the Linux /mnt file system???

I can access the shares via smbclient in the ftp like mode but I'd
like to perform the mount as was mentioned in the magazine article.

I have the HowTo, and 2 different versions of the FAQ but this does
not seem to be covered.  There is a lot of coverage on printing which
is what I want to do next ... but first ...

Thanks in advance for any input!

The FACTS are my Employers, OPINIONS are my own!

Sorry: SPAM reduction project in progress:
       Remove the "x." from my domain to reply!

2. GREP through all directories (recursiv) ???

3. unable to mount win95 hard drive

4. Snarfing the Boot Record: How?

5. mount Win95

6. old bios, hd and rom card

7. Mounting Win95 Partition

8. printer config problem - nec superscript

9. mounting win95 drive

10. mounting win95 partition

11. mounting win95-shares with linux/samba

12. wondering if newest freebsd will mount win95/95 compressed drive

13. Longfile names under mounted win95 partition