File system exporting to/importing from MSDOS?

File system exporting to/importing from MSDOS?

Post by Zilberfaine Vyatchesl » Fri, 04 Aug 1995 04:00:00

Hello!

I have installed NFS on our Linux, but can't use it in the way I need.

We have CDROM on Linux machine and want sometimes to access to it
from other computers running Novell Netware under MSDOS.

But when I start nfsd, no new server appears in output of slist.exe.
Any ideas?

Also I failed to mount file system from our local file server (Novell).

Thank you for reading...
PS. Additional information

I tried to use rpc.nfsd, pcnfsd, and even both of them.
Also my /etc/exports file is
# /etc/exports
/system_cd      dvm(ro)
/system_cd    slava(ro)
#end of file

Here _dvm_ is name of my DOS computer, and _slava_ is my login.
No results.

NB:
There are some Windows'95 computeres at our site, and then I
execute slist.exe they appeared in the output.
But I am ABSOLUTELY sure all of them exports nothing to my DOS computer.

Also it is strange to me that executing
rpcinfo -p SHU
I get
SHU : host uknown
# Here SHU is one of Win'95 computers

What to to?
.....................Slava

1. File system exporting to/importing from MSDOS?

Hello!

I have installed NFS on our Linux, but can't use it in the way I need.

We have CDROM on Linux machine and want sometimes to access to it
from other computers running Novell Netware under MSDOS.

But when I start nfsd, no new server appears in output of slist.exe.
Any ideas?

Also I failed to mount file system from our local file server (Novell).

Thank you for reading...

.....................Slava

2. -3CXSH572BT //-3CCFE575BT-D //-3CCFE575CT drivers needed for Suse7.3

3. File system impoting from/exporting to MSDOS

4. set TASK_RUNNING in cond_resched()

5. Can msdos file system handle double space DOS file system ?

6. search for /dev/mcd at system startup

7. UserDB(Files) export-import

8. Linux PrintServer

9. how to use export/import files to create an object to be loaded at runtime

10. Creating Exports and Imports file for shared library

11. Export msdos files under NFS?

12. Mount, read or extract files from a floppy image file (MSDOS) under Unix system