Anyone having trouble installing Linux on a drive using EZ Drive should read this post.

Anyone having trouble installing Linux on a drive using EZ Drive should read this post.

Post by B » Sat, 18 Oct 1997 04:00:00

To avoid getting INVALID OS errors from EZ Drive you must do the following:

                1) Install LILO on your Linux partition's boot record not the
                   Master Boot Record.
                2) Using FDISK, put the boot flag on your Linux partition.

That is all.
I hope it helps somebody.

1. How do I install Linux in an old IDE 540Mb drive that uses Ez-drive?

You'll probably know this already, but ez-drive is the
software that allows the use of the total drive space(540Mb).
The computer is a 486 dx2-66, but that probably doesn't make a
difference.

I've tried to install Linux several times (and in several
different ways) but I got nowhere. I am trying to install
linux in one partition and Win95 or Dos in the other, but if
anyone can point me the way to install just linux that'll be
just fine.

Keep in mind that the ez-drive software is installed in the
drive bios(i think).

Any help on this would be appreciated.

2. How to set up for ESS sound

3. Patritioning WD 8.4 GB drive and Linux and EZ-Drive/EZ-Bios

4. How to autostart dosemu at login?

5. Having trouble installing Linux on an MFM drive.

6. Linux Switch Router, up to 40 gigs per second and up to 128 100mb ports. What do you think??

7. Possible to install Linux on a HD using EZ-drive?

8. Redhat 9, first impressions

9. Solaris 2.6 - Having trouble installing boot block on 4GB SCSI drive

10. Linux having trouble with CDRW drive

11. Having trouble specifying drive geometry when booting Linux

12. Linux having trouble with CDRW drive

13. Linux having trouble with 1gig IDE drive