samba+radius+pam

Post by J Hartman » Sun, 29 Oct 2000 00:08:20

Hi,

could anybody please give me some examples about configuring samba with
radius authentication.

Already I have setup pam_radius_auth.so however samba does not use this.
PAM support is compiled into samba.

Thanks
JH

1. PAM account management and RADIUS

OK - I've built a Radius server, and I have the available PAM radius
authentification module working.  Great stuff.

Except that now while I can see that my unix login on my radius client has
authenticated the login ...  it can't proceed as we wouod expect because it
needs to also do some account management and possibly session manageemnt as
well.

Has anybody come across such modules?  This is pretty much my last gasp on
this and if I have no joy I'll have to go off and investigate an ldap
solution.

(Task is to use centralised login/password info for unix box logins etc as
NIS
and NIS+ are inherently insecure, and we were hoping to utilise radius for
this.)

Cheers

Ian

Didds

If you can't annoy somebody with what you write, I think there's
little point in writing.  -- Kingsley Amis

2. kernel trace?

3. pam-radius authetication????

4. 2 Question... Net board & Drive HELP!

5. Radius PAM module

6. Editors

7. Squid w PAM Radius?

8. what to do w/ auth?