Linux & SCO

Post by D. Wa » Thu, 05 Dec 1996 04:00:00

I have a 1/2 Gb with SCO and programs, which was subsequently pulled and
a replaced with a large disk for Linux.  Now, I would like to access the
SCO filesystem, and would really like to boot the SCO disk, also.

        On filesystems, I recompiled Linux to include "sysv" filesystems.
        The mount failed. (SCO loaded itself into the 4th partition).

        Tried LILO on /vmlinux (may have forgotten kernel name?) and
        disk partition /dev/hdc4.  LILO complained about not reading
        the disk.

I'm kind of stuck.  Is it possible to access a SCO (a 2 yr old Open
Desktop/Open Server) disk, or hopefully boot into SCO?

Many Thanks,
Donovan

Linux & SCO

Post by G. de Freita » Thu, 05 Dec 1996 04:00:00

> I have a 1/2 Gb with SCO and programs, which was subsequently pulled and
> a replaced with a large disk for Linux.  Now, I would like to access the
> SCO filesystem, and would really like to boot the SCO disk, also.

>         On filesystems, I recompiled Linux to include "sysv" filesystems.
>         The mount failed. (SCO loaded itself into the 4th partition).

==============^^^^^^^^^^^^
I had the same problem 3-4 yrs ago, apparently, so I was told, Linux
cannot read the SCO "divvy" partitions. End of story?

Maybe you could boot that disk on it's own, back it up with tar, then
you could at least access the files?

Iff... you somehow got SCO to (re-)install on NON-divvy partition,
MAYBE(TM) you could "see" the SCO files ?

Good Luck!
G.

Quote:

>         Tried LILO on /vmlinux (may have forgotten kernel name?) and
>         disk partition /dev/hdc4.  LILO complained about not reading
>         the disk.

> I'm kind of stuck.  Is it possible to access a SCO (a 2 yr old Open
> Desktop/Open Server) disk, or hopefully boot into SCO?

> Many Thanks,
> Donovan

1. Q: Filesystem, that can be mounted by Linux&SCO

Hello, All!
Can anybody help me with SUBJ?
I need to boot SCO or LInux on the same computer
and have access to my sources from both OS

Thanx in advance
--
------------------------------------
Fedotoff Dmitry

------------------------------------

2. mail forwarding from ISP

3. Linux & SCO Binaries

4. 2.4.20, sparc64 --- ide and binfmt-elf cannot be built as modules

5. Linux & SCO HELP!!!!!

6. Remote Ping successful/telnet local successful/telnet remote failed

7. Linux & SCO: Term settings?

8. Best Free/Shareware Log Analyzer?

9. SCO &&& Linux system

10. From SCO&Win3.5 to SCO&Win98