WTB: Linux Cd-rom for my Sony CDU33a

Post by PROWANT_ROBERT » Mon, 15 May 1995 04:00:00

I am looking to buy a new or used Linux installation cd-rom that I can
install from my cdrom.  Please email me with the version and price.  Thanks

1. Linux still can't detec Sony cdu33a CD-Rom driver

Hi, there,

I am trying to make my Sony cdu33a cd-rom driver work under Linux.
The cd-rom driver is attached to soundblaster 16 soundcard and works
fine under dos/windows with 2 ide hard drive.
I use kernel 1.2.9 and configure kernel with cdu31a driver and iso9660
filesystem support and have symbolic link /dev/cdrom to /dev/cdu31a.
I have run the MAKEDEV.ide1 shell script file and put kernel command
hdc=cdrom
append = "cdu31a=0x230,0," (also tried "append=cdu31a=0x230,0,")
in lilo.conf file.
(I have tried also boot to DOS then insert bootdisk to boot to Linux)
The cdrom driver still can't be detected at the boot time.
The cdu31a device driver exists with right major and minor number,
and doing cat /proc/filesystems indicate the presence of iso9660
filesystem. However doing cat /proc/devices does not show the presence
of cdu31a cdrom device driver.

Please help !!!
Any help, solutions or suggestions will be greatly appriciated.

Youcheng Zhang
Dept. Oceanography, TAMU

2. Strange harddrive errors with a conner CP3544...

3. Gateway CD-ROM (Sony CDU33A) and Linux

4. Software Engineer

5. Opti929s sound card & Sony CDU33A Cd-Rom

6. HOWTO: close an orphaned socket?

7. Sony CDU33A CD-ROM install problem

8. 2.5.70: AXIS usb flash disk problem

9. HELP! Sony CDU33a CD-ROM

10. recognizing the Sony CDU33A CD-ROM drive...

11. Help needed mounting Sony CDU33a CD-ROM

12. Problems detecting Sony CDU33A CD-ROM drive