Adaptec APA-1460 PCMCIA Card

Post by John Whitne » Mon, 02 Dec 1996 04:00:00

I'm using a Toshiba Tecra 720CDT laptop.  Windows 95 is installed on the
built-in hard drive.  I have an Adaptec APA-1460 SCSI card inserted into a
PCMCIA slot with an Iomega JAZ drive attached.  This configuration works
fine with Win95.  I want to install Linux Slackware 96 onto the JAZ drive.
I have made the boot and root diskettes, but the system is not detecting
the Adaptec card.  I have looked through the PCMCIA HOWTO information, but
I can't seem to find any information to help me in this situation since
Linux is not yet installed and therefore I cannot compile a new kernel.

Thanks for any help.

--John

1. Adaptec APA-1460 PCMCIA Card

I'm using a Toshiba Tecra 720CDT laptop.  Windows 95 is installed on the
built-in hard drive.  I have an Adaptec APA-1460 SCSI card inserted into a
PCMCIA slot with an Iomega JAZ drive attached.  This configuration works
fine with Win95.  I want to install Linux Slackware 96 onto the JAZ drive.
I have made the boot and root diskettes, but the system is not detecting
the Adaptec card.  I have looked through the PCMCIA HOWTO information, but
I can't seem to find any information to help me in this situation since
Linux is not yet installed and therefore I cannot compile a new kernel.

Thanks for any help.

--John

2. sound problem

3. Problems With Zip Card(Adaptec APA-1460 PC Card)

4. Oops in interrupt handlers / idle task

5. Iomega Jaz PCMCIA SCSI (Adaptec APA-1460) fails with Linux

6. FTP: Can't upload

7. APA-1460 PCMCIA SCSI support?

8. ide cd-rw and scsi harddrives

9. Adaptec APA-1460 under OS5?

10. Adaptec APA-1460 and Linux

11. Adaptec APA-1460

12. Intsalling linux with Adaptec APA-1460

13. FreeBSD on a laptop with Adaptec 1460 PCMCIA card?