Mgetty without login prompt

Post by Doob » Wed, 27 Dec 1995 04:00:00

I need to find a way around the login prompt with mgetty.  I want it to
just run a program of mine.  Anyone have anyideas?
Simply put:
rather than waitig for a person to enter a name, run a login program.

Doobie  -  JAD Programming

Mgetty without login prompt

Post by Klaus Lichtenwald » Thu, 28 Dec 1995 04:00:00

Quote:>I need to find a way around the login prompt with mgetty.  I want it to
>just run a program of mine.  Anyone have anyideas?
>Simply put:
>rather than waitig for a person to enter a name, run a login program.

Have a look at login.config, normally mgetty looks how to handle
logins. It's (by default) in /usr/local/lib/mgetty+sendfax (or
/usr/local/etc/mgetty+sendfax?).

Klaus
Klaus Lichtenwalder, Dipl. Inform., Fax +49-89-98292755, PGP Key available

       When PRIVACY Is Outlawed... Only OUTLAWS Will Have Privacy!
            SUPPORT THE PHIL ZIMMERMANN LEGAL DEFENSE FUND!

Post by Christoph Lamet » Fri, 29 Dec 1995 04:00:00

: I need to find a way around the login prompt with mgetty.  I want it to
: just run a program of mine.  Anyone have anyideas?
: Simply put:
: rather than waitig for a person to enter a name, run a login program.

Why do you run mgetty at all? Just program the modem to autoanswer.

Post by Unix Consulti » Sun, 31 Dec 1995 04:00:00

: : I need to find a way around the login prompt with mgetty.  I want it to
: : just run a program of mine.  Anyone have anyideas?
: : Simply put:
: : rather than waitig for a person to enter a name, run a login program.

You can specify which "login" program mgetty will invoke - just invoke a
different one than "/bin/login" ... (it's in the documentation!)

:
--
-------- Thomas Bullinger ------- Specializing in Linux systems --------
* Installation * Setup * Maintenance * Training * Software * Information

* WWW:   http://btoy1-gw.roc.servtech.com/users/consult

Post by Gert Doeri » Tue, 02 Jan 1996 04:00:00

>Have a look at login.config, normally mgetty looks how to handle
>logins. It's (by default) in /usr/local/lib/mgetty+sendfax (or
>/usr/local/etc/mgetty+sendfax?).

Configuration stuff is in .../etc/... (CONFDIR=... in the Makefile) while
font files, auxiliary programs, ..., are in .../lib/... (LIBDIR).

gert

--
Yield to temptation ... it may not pass your way again!  --  Lazarus Long
                                                            //www.muc.de/~gert