3 little pigs went wee, wee, wee, all the way home?

3 little pigs went wee, wee, wee, all the way home?

Post by Brian Wildasin » Tue, 27 Apr 1999 04:00:00

Hi,
I've got 3 SCIS disks on a chain.

Can I access via Linux/i386 a SCSI disk that
was formatted under Linux/m68k?

I suspect that Linux on i386 can't read the Master Boot
Record or something since it was originally formatted
under m68k Linux. If so is there a work around?
I'd hate to have to reformat under i386 Linux and
loose months of developement.

 Here's the problem:

 I have an external SCSI disk used solely for
files only, which I use to use in Debian on  a m68k macintosh.
Christiaan's Linux hard drive mounter under MacOS can read this disk
which was low level formatted with Apple's HDSCSetup,
but it seems to only be able do a tar command, but not
gzip, so it barfs trying to tar files  that have been
compressed.

So my project directory can't safely be transferred
over to a mac HFS partition to save my work using that tool. And
for some reason I'm not sure why Debian can no longer read
this SCSI, but it does show up under fdisk in Linux! The
Penguin booter use to show all the partitions on this
disk, but now the "Search for SCSI devices" or whatever
just acknoledges a SCSI disk is present at such and such
an address--I've tried tried all the SCSI chain locations
too, but that doesn't seem to be the problem.

Any help would be appreciated!

Brian Wildasinn

1. Wee little bit of trouble with Taylor UUCP

Hello all;
        Well, I finally got Linux 0.99p11 SLS version working correctly, all except
for the uucp part. I can use cu without a problem, but when it comes time for uucico
to be started by crond or when I start it myself, it dials the number (correctly
determining busy, no answer, and connect), I hear the sounds of the two modems
syncing to 2400 bps, and then at the point where the speaker would turn off (ATM1)
uucico hangs up! The *.ex files in /usr/lib/uucp were NOT very much help, and
neither were the rather sparse man pages. I am using a generic Hayes compatible
2400bps modem. running off of com2 (16450). If someone who has similar hardware
AND a working usenet connection could send me their Dialers/Devices/&c files as
examples, I would appreciate it.

Also, I was just poking around tsx-11.mit.edu a few minutes ago, before I started
to get the X11 stuff from SLS. I was looking for a fuller set of man pages, but
I didn't see anything that looked like them. Does such a package exist anywhere?
And a list of all software that has been ported to Linux and where I can get them?

Thanks

| Cory Albrecht                | "And the most wonderful thing about tiggers/ |

| "What makes a person so poisonous   |"You only love the ones you hurt."     |
| righteous/That they'd think less of |             -The Marquis de Sade      |
| anyone/Who'd just disagree"         |---------------------------------------|
|             -Moxy Fruvous           |I really wish netpeople would use spell|

2. Linux xtacacsd problems

3. Need a Wee Hand Setting Up ~/.xinitrc

4. Apache 1.0.3 on Redhat 3 Linux -- unclear access.conf file

5. Tymmm, wee orl mizs ewe!

6. sendmail:infinite loop problems

7. Messed up rc.conf grows like a weed

8. Question about changing fstab on radhat

9. Cypherpunk: lay off the weed, dude

10. power up in wee hours, cron jobs run twice

11. Sea Wees

12. A wee bit more advanced raw socket faq?

13. Linux destroyed my Marriage with a weed-eater!!!