mounting to windows2000 drive??

Post by smi.. » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

mounting to windows2000 drive??

Does anyone know how to mount to a windows2000 drive??

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Post by Eric » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

> mounting to windows2000 drive??

> Does anyone know how to mount to a windows2000 drive??

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

I suppose you want to mount a win2000 drive that's NTFS formatted?

mount -t ntfs /dev/hdXXXX /mnt/win2000

But ofcourse you will need the ntfs.o module for this.
And since write support for ntfs is experimental, I'd suggest you use it
read-only. If you want to share files between two OS's (mp3, jpg etc.) I
suggest you create a FAT partition, since you can access that from both
OS's equally well.

Eric