XFree86 for Trident 9660

Post by Ting Zh » Fri, 30 Aug 1996 04:00:00

Hi,

I just bought a PC and I am going to install Linux on it.
However, I cannot find XFree86 server for my Trident GUI 9660
SVGA card. Anyone can help me out? Thanks.

--
Ting Zhou
College of Computing, Georgia Institute of Technology

http: //www.cc.gatech.edu/people/home/tingzhou/

XFree86 for Trident 9660

Post by Unix Consulti » Sat, 31 Aug 1996 04:00:00

:
: Hi,
:
: I just bought a PC and I am going to install Linux on it.
: However, I cannot find XFree86 server for my Trident GUI 9660
: SVGA card. Anyone can help me out? Thanks.

Get XFree86 3.1.2F.

:
: --
: Ting Zhou
: College of Computing, Georgia Institute of Technology

: http: //www.cc.gatech.edu/people/home/tingzhou/
--
-------- Thomas Bullinger ------- Specializing in Linux systems --------
* Installation * Setup * Maintenance * Training * Software * Information

* WWW:   http://btoy1-gw.roc.servtech.com/users/consult

1. XFree86 3.2 with Trident 9660

Hi!

        Hope you can help me out. I'm new to Linux and have just installed
version 3.2 of XF86 on the RedHat Linux.

        I have a Trident 9660 with 1Mb mem.

        When I use RedHat's XInstallation, everything seems fine, but when I
start X, I get a black & white wavy background pattern, the cursor show
up correctly and moves around ok, the resolution seems ok, but nothing
happens. I get nothing but this empty (except from the background and
cursor).

        This problem occured with the X version (3.1.?) that came with the
package and with the newer 3.2 version that supposedly support the
Trident 9660.

        Please help, I've been at it for over a week!

        Thank you,

                Yanik

2. Testing plans for aix

3. XFree86 testers wanted for Trident 9660/9680

4. Linking C++ and c problemer

5. Trident 9660 + XFree86 3.1.2D

6. help regarding nbd

7. Help w/ Trident 9660, XFree86 3.2

8. Corel Linux, UDMA, Dell Dimension XPS T____

9. Trident 9660 and Xfree86 3.2

10. Trident 9660 and XFree86

11. Trident 9660

12. Linux suport for Trident 9660

13. Anyone running X-windwos on IBM aptiva A90, with Trident 9660/968