Putting Linux boot files on NT's FAT16 boot partition?

Putting Linux boot files on NT's FAT16 boot partition?

Post by Pakkapakk » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Hi there,

I'm currently running Suse 6.2 on an ext2 partition that's well beyond the
1024 boundry.
My harddrive looks like this:
[FAT16] 2GB NT4 boot
[NTFS] 9 GB NT4 work
[EXT2] 3 GB Linux
[ECT2] 128 MB Linux Swap

At the moment I use a Linux boot floppy to boot into the Ext2fs partition.
Since I can't use the 'bootsector-copy' solution to use NT's bootmanager my
question is this:

Can I someway put the Linux boot files (that reside on the floppy now) on
NT's FAT16 boot partition.
If so, how do I configure this in NT's bootmanager?

I have heard from various sources that a setup like this is possible, but
not recommended.

Anyone has some pointers or how-to's?

Thanks in advance!