ES1879 on Suse 8.1 - no MP3

Post by Frank Psotk » Sun, 20 Apr 2003 05:23:10

Hi,

although I can play wav files with the setup I have for the ES1879 I cannot play any MP3 files. From the testfile I can just hear the last part. But another files works.
I am using xmms to play those and the MPEG1/2/3 codec is setup.
The hardware I am using is a Fujitsu Lifebook E370.

Anybody with any ideas on this ?

Thank you

Frank

ES1879 on Suse 8.1 - no MP3

Post by John » Fri, 25 Apr 2003 01:34:49

> Hi,

> although I can play wav files with the setup I have for the ES1879 I cannot play any MP3 files. From the testfile I can just hear the last part. But another files works.
> I am using xmms to play those and the MPEG1/2/3 codec is setup.
> The hardware I am using is a Fujitsu Lifebook E370.

> Anybody with any ideas on this ?

> Thank you

> Frank

Try changing the output plugin in XMMS to OSS.

--

John