video setup problem...

Post by j.. » Thu, 20 Jul 1995 04:00:00

Help.  I've tried installing Linux on my PC and everything installs
just fine.  However, when i try to run xconfig, the video gets all
messed up.  When X-Windows actually come up, the screen seems
to be in an incorrect video mode (ie. I can see three mouse cursors,
and I can see the actual scan lines).  I can't really see what is on
the screen so... I can't use it.

Video Chip:  Cirrus Logic

Thanx

1. Alpha Linux (Multia) Video setup problem

Hello,
I have a problem about the video card which need to be urgently solved.  I
have a Alpha Mutia desktop.  Accordingly, the video card should be Diamond
Stealth 64 DRAM S3_868 or S3_864 or S3_9XX.  However, what I got when I run
"startx" it gives a message :
None of the configured devices was detected.
TRANS (SocketUNIXConnect)() Can't connect:errno=61

Please help me solve the problem and email me the solution please.

--Andrew

2. which unix is best?

3. Video setup problems

4. How can I get complete command line from ps ?

5. Setup TV-Card and additional Video-In on Video Card

6. USB problem with 2.5.3[0-1]?

7. Problem with cs5530 video chip, I can't setup a x-window on it?

8. SIOCGIFCONF vs sysctl to retrieve interface list

9. Dell setup: video and EPP problems

10. Linux Redhat setup - video problem

11. Linux setup problems for X. Video card

12. redhat 7.1 video card setup problem

13. HELP INSTALLATION: Thinkpad A22m Video screen setup problem