HELP: Installing red hat 4.2

Post by Michael D. Ry » Sat, 31 May 1997 04:00:00

I am having trouble installing red hat 4.2, how do I get it to do an
ftp install.  I would like to connect to my server via modem, which I
usually do in windows 95.  I do not know what to select for my IP
address, etc.  It locks up at this point searching for IP, and all
that other crap... What am I doing wrong?  I have never even heard of
linux until today, and would like to give it a try.  I am using win95
now and hate it...

Thanks in advance...

--

Web Page:  http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Pines/5301/
Shareware Trakker: http://www.alberts.com/AuthorPages/00014388/ST1.HTM

1. Help installing Red Hat 4.2 on Win95 and zip disk system

I'm trying to install Red Hat 4.2 on my system, which has a zip drive and a
6.4 gig HD partitioned into 3 equal 2.1 gig drives.  When I run the install
software that comes with Red Hat and I get to the disk partitioning step, it
says that my only disk is the zip drive.  Do I need to eliminate one of the
DOS partitions and then will the program say that I have a hard drive? Or do
I need to do something else?

Thanks for any help,
Jeff Bell

2. iBCS2 , Sockets & Progress

3. Help: installing red hat 4.2 hard drive/zip problems

4. Replacement for SunOS timezone()

5. Red Hat 7.1 - Installing Red Hat packages after Red Hat is already installed.

6. Making a new a1-Disk (SLS)

7. problems installing the red hat 4.2 HELP!

8. Terminal setup for linux

9. HELP!! CANT INSTALL RED HAT 4.2!!

10. need help on install lilo (red hat version 4.2)

11. Red Hat 4.2 - install problems with Adaptec AIC-7880 onboard

12. CD-ROM troubles installing Red Hat 4.2

13. Problem w/ Adaptec 2940W controller and Red Hat 4.2 install