setting up dns on linux

Post by Waldemar Ve » Sun, 03 Dec 1995 04:00:00

Howdy...

I need to know how everyone out there currently running dns is getting
their root.cache file.  Normally (in our client companies) they have
a system that gets the file and is the master.  It is then propagated to
all of their systems corporate wide that are running dns.

This is different.  Client has a small network and has a system where
they are running primary with an ISP as secondary.....

Any assistance is much appreciated.

Thanks,
Walt

setting up dns on linux

Post by Bob Hau » Mon, 04 Dec 1995 04:00:00

>I need to know how everyone out there currently running dns is getting
>their root.cache file.

By ftp at:

nic.ddn.mil
ftp.rs.internic.net

On nic.ddn.mil, the path is /domain/named.root

---
 Bob Hauck                              Wasatch Communcations Group