Add serial printer on multiport serial line.

Add serial printer on multiport serial line.

Post by Cal Robinso » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

I am using RH6.0 with a Stallion EasyIO 8 board.

I wan to add a serial printer. These are my questions.

1. Do I need to add this line to /etc/inittab and if so what getty do I
use?

2. I'll need to use a version of setserial on this line. To make the
information permanent I'll need to put some commands somewhere. Where do
these commands go and what is the format?

Many Thanks

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

1. high speed serial boards (was Re: Multiport serial boards)

I am interested to hear more info on the Ethernet based terminal servers
mentioned above for the low entry models.

In fact I have the following situation: one linux box used to link via
SLIP serial connections and LEASED lines my LAN with two other LAN'S
(at both other ends of the lines there are linux boxes). The connections
use two pairs of Penril modems (for leased lines) and some home made
scripts (usual slattach, ifconfig and route stuff). All three serial ports
on the main linux box are now used.
Now all three linux boxes serial boards don't support more than 9600 bps
while the modems support 28,8 kbps and I would like to rise the speed
of the serial lines.

For the moment I don't have a good idea how to do it. Indeed using
terminal servers could turn to be not only expensive but also could lead
to some routing problems. On the other hand using high speed serial boards
could lead to problems concerning the special drivers and the fact that
here I don't seek the usual "logging (dialing) into a linux box process" but
connecting LAN's 24 hours per day with a resonable automatized mechanism
of recovery in case of failure.

If someone can help me with these problems, please reply also to:

Thank you.
Nicolae Mihalache

Institut de Mathematiques de Jussieu

2. installed new fonts and X died on me!

3. Multiport serial cards VS multiport USB hubs.

4. SCO Merge 4.0, Win95 Emulation, and Linux

5. Add support for Lava Octopus-550 PCI multiport serial card

6. Where can I find a working set of RPM's for KDE 1.0?

7. how to configure serial port for serial printer?

8. Adaptec 29160 & Slack 8 w/kernels 2.2.19 & 2.4.5

9. serial mouse and serial printer

10. serial console - lilo serial= no serial port input

11. how to set up serial port paremeters for a serial printer?

12. Using serial printers off of serial terminals.

13. Trying to add local serial printer