IORESCHECK sound card error

Post by Kamil Kuz » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Im having a problem configuring my Ensoniq 1869 sound car working in
Mandrake 6.1.  I run sndconfig and it detects it fine, configures it and
just gives me the following error:
"etc/isapnp:conf:84 Fatal IO range check attempted while device activated.
etc/isapnp:84 - Fatal - Erro occured executing requirest '<IORESCHECK>' ---
further action aborted"
I have check the values (i/o, DMA, IRQ w/ windows values and they are all
correct and I even have tried all values.)
Not sure if this would create a problem but I also have a PCI soundcard
which I use in windows in my system (TBS Montego Sound System).   Any help
would be greatly appreciated.

Kamil

IORESCHECK sound card error

Post by Nicholas Pesc » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Try running sndconfig like this:

sndconfig --noprobe --noautoconfig

Then select your card from the list, and try to set the settings yourself.
That was the only way I could get my Yamaha card to work.   Also, if you
still have problems, try editing isapnp.conf directly.
Each io number io1, or 2 or whatver is a separate logical device on the
card, (snd, midi, fmsynth, etc ) you need an i/o resource like 0x220 or
whatever for each one.   My needed four.  Your may be different dependeing
on your card.  Take out the #  to unrem the lines.  Use what has already
been unremmed (that's what sndconfig does when you choose settings) as a
model, and try different ones till they work.  Also be sure to have an irq
(usually irq 5 is good ) set.

Hope this helps

Nick

>Im having a problem configuring my Ensoniq 1869 sound car working in
>Mandrake 6.1.  I run sndconfig and it detects it fine, configures it and
>just gives me the following error:
>"etc/isapnp:conf:84 Fatal IO range check attempted while device activated.
>etc/isapnp:84 - Fatal - Erro occured executing requirest '<IORESCHECK>' ---
>further action aborted"
>I have check the values (i/o, DMA, IRQ w/ windows values and they are all
>correct and I even have tried all values.)
>Not sure if this would create a problem but I also have a PCI soundcard
>which I use in windows in my system (TBS Montego Sound System).   Any help
>would be greatly appreciated.

>Kamil

1. Sound Card Help: ALSA driver, ESSOLO 1938 PCI Sound Card

I actually got pretty far into this, but can't make a peep come out of the
speakers (I just had a horrible thought - speakers are plugged in and turned
on).

Got ALSA Drivers, utilities, and library files, did standard configure, make,
make install for each.
In a console window under KDE, did the following:
1. insmod soundcore - got nothing back, so I assume that worked.
2. ran the snddevices script - it happily reported making a ton of devices.
3. Edited my etc/modules.conf to the following

alias net-pf-4 off
alias net-pf-5 off
alias char-major-116 snd
alias char-major-14 soundcore
alias snd-card-0 snd-card-es1938
alias sound-slot-0 snd-card-0

4. ran modprobe snd-card-es1938 - got nothing back, so I assume that worked as
well.

5. I tried a couple of the tools available under the "multimedia" option of the
KDE menu - none of them can access the output dev. I tried the chmod, still no
joy. When I run /utils/alsasound start, it reports that the driver is already
running. I postulate that may be so, but would like to confirm my hypothesis by
actually hearing something from the speakers. Any help would be appreciated.

Brian

2. 6x86 Bug with Linux

3. Possible Faqs on Sound cards <I have read the Sound card How 2>

4. ** Old Digital Research Operating Systems **

5. Newbie kPPP (modem problem)

6. Sound: Replace beep with other sound thru pc speaker/sound card?

7. How to setup FTP access restriction?

8. Sound card error message during bootup

9. New Sound Card Error

10. modprobe error with new kernel, PnP sound card now doesn't work

11. Error in compiling kernel 2.4.9 with ess_solo1 sound card

12. ALSA & Intel 8x0 sound card: Error...