Notebook X11 setup (TI Extensa 570CDT)

Post by ir.. » Wed, 29 Jan 1997 04:00:00

Hi all,

A question:
I've just installed Linux on my Texas Instruments Laptop (It's a 570
eXtensa CDT) but I can't get xWindows to work.
Anyone who's got ideas on the video setup (I think that's
the problem)??

Thanks a lot in advance,

Irene

1. XFree86 3.1.2E on a TI Extensa 570CDT

I've recently bought a Texas Instruments Extensa 570CDT notebook with
the intention of running Linux and X. Linux (RedHat 3.03) is running
with no problems, but I can't bring up X (running XFree86 3.1.2E,
containing the correct video driver for the laptop - Cirrus Logic
GD-7543). The problem probably lies in that I don't know the laptop
monitor specs and this causes no end of problems when I try to startx.
If anyone has been able to successfully run X on this or a similar
machine, please let me know. I'd appreciate the help!

Steven Karataglidis.

2. My AT Help!! My ATI GUP and X11R6 !!

3. X on a TI Extensa 570CDT

4. File encryption tool?

5. Video/Mouse setup for TI Extensa 575CD Laptop

6. Ati mach64 and xfree

7. Q: Linux XFree86 setup on TI Extensa 560

8. Linux Enterprise Desktops

9. XFree86 on TI Extensa

10. Linux on TI Extensa 510

11. XF86 on TI Extensa 460 with Cirrus Logic CL-GD624X

12. XFree86 on TI Extensa 510?