Fortran NAG libraries

Post by Theodore Chia » Thu, 18 Apr 1996 04:00:00

Hello,

Does the Redhat distribution's Fortran compiler come with the NAG libraries
and if so, how does one access them.  If not, where should I look to obtain
a copy of them.  Thanks.

Ted To

Department of Economics                         +44 1334 462435
University of St. Andrews                       +44 1334 462444 (fax)
St. Andrews, Fife KY16 9AL
Scotland

Fortran NAG libraries

Post by Alun Lloy » Thu, 18 Apr 1996 04:00:00

Ted,

Although I don't know the Redhat distribution too well, I don't think it does
come with the NAG library as it is a commercial product.

NAG sells two linux versions of the library, one designed for their f90 fortran
compiler (also a commercial product) and the other for C.

(I've also managed to get the online help and graphics libraries to work under
LINUX.)

Oxford University has a site license for these (presumably through a CHEST
deal), so you might be able to pick one up more cheaply through your Uni. than
buying straight from NAG.

Good luck!

Alun L Lloyd                    Tel: 01865 271 160
Department of Zoology           Fax: 01865 310 447
University of Oxford

Oxford OX1 3PS                  WWW:    http://www.zoo.ox.ac.uk/~dstekel/alun

Fortran NAG libraries

Post by Raymond Scott Felle » Sat, 20 Apr 1996 04:00:00

: Hello,

: Does the Redhat distribution's Fortran compiler come with the NAG libraries
: and if so, how does one access them.  If not, where should I look to obtain
: a copy of them.  Thanks.

Redhat doesn't come with any NAG products (libraries or compilers).  The
NAG products are proprietary and therefore too expensive to come with any
reasonably priced Linux distribution.

You can get NAG products for Linux (x86 binaries) if you need NAG
specifically although you'll be spending 500 to 1000 dollars (US) for the
mathematical libs package and maybe another 500 for the F90 compiler.
Note that these were prices that were quoted to me about six months ago
for single machine student discount. The prices are much higher for
multiple machines.

If you are just looking for a collection of mathematical libs and tools,
there is a LARGE and free repository at http://www.netlib.org.  Most of
the code there is F77 and of high quality (NAG has collaborated on quite
a bit of material there).  If you use it frequently, you also may want to
look for the CD mirror from Walnut Creek CDROM (No, I don't work for them).

Hope this helps,
Ray--

1. Compiling C programs w/ FORTRAN nag libraries

        I don't know if these are the right places for this post -but
alas I need some help:

I am working on an SGI crimson running IRIX 4.0.5 and we recently
got the FORTRAN NAG libraries. Previous to this I had written
programs in C -- I was wondering if it is possible to combine
my programs with these libraries so that I do not have to write
routines that have been canned already?

        This is an interesting problem to more people than I.
I would appreciate any advice that people could give. :-)

BTW:    we have both f77 and MIPS cc compiler's on this machine
        I do not know if this matters.

                                        Thanks in advance,
                                        Rick.

--
I claim not to have controlled   ---------  Richard Power ----------
events, but confess plainly      -------  Physics Department -------

2. CCISS ID updates.

3. COMMERCIAL: NAG Fortran Library, Mark 16, available on Linux

4. open(2) and sym-links

5. Experience with NAG Fortran Compiler ?

6. Authenticating IP Users

7. NAG Fortran compiler for Linux?

8. Linux boot crashes

9. COMMERCIAL: NAG Fortran 90 compiler available on Linux

10. NAG Fortran 90 ? Where ?

11. nag.ps or nag.pdf?

12. HELP!!! Fortran library or Linux library error!

13. Forte 6 compilers and NAG libraries