Help! innd problems!

Post by Michael Fukat » Fri, 07 Feb 1997 04:00:00

I'm using suck to pull a small newsfeed.  Everything works fine except
when I use innxmit to send the batchfile, (to myself), everything goes to
the junk newsgroup.  The FAQ said that innd would create the directories
for the new newsgroups if they didn't exist.  This isn't happening.  I
created the new groups localy and checked the active file and they are
there, but I just can't seem to get innd to create the directories.  I
even created the directories by hand and tried it but everything still
goes to the junk newsgroup. sigh.

What am I missing?

-Mike

http://www.elee.calpoly.edu/~mfukatsu/

Help! innd problems!

Post by Martin J. Man » Fri, 07 Feb 1997 04:00:00

Quote:> the junk newsgroup.  The FAQ said that innd would create the directories
> for the new newsgroups if they didn't exist.  This isn't happening.  I
> created the new groups localy and checked the active file and they are
> there, but I just can't seem to get innd to create the directories.  I
> even created the directories by hand and tried it but everything still
> goes to the junk newsgroup. sigh.
> What am I missing?

Did you setup "ME" in /usr/lib/news/newsfeeds to accept all groups?  I
believe that would cause the symptoms you describe.

Help! innd problems!

Post by James Youngm » Fri, 07 Feb 1997 04:00:00

says...

Quote:

>I'm using suck to pull a small newsfeed.  Everything works fine except
>when I use innxmit to send the batchfile, (to myself), everything goes to
>the junk newsgroup.

I think you need to obtain a valid active file.  INN thinks the newsgroups are
unwanted since they aren't in the active newsgroups list.

Quote:> The FAQ said that innd would create the directories
>for the new newsgroups if they didn't exist.  This isn't happening.  I
>created the new groups localy and checked the active file and they are
>there, but I just can't seem to get innd to create the directories.

Try "ctlinnd reload active" id they *are* inthe active file.
Make sure it's owner news.news.

--
James Youngman       VG Gas Analysis Systems |The trouble with the rat-race
 Before sending advertising material, read   |is, even if you win, you're

1. Please Help !!! INND problems

If anyone know how to set up INN to get users to post messages please

I get a message when I try to post anything to the newsgroups

A News(NNTP)Error Occurred:
Can't Authorize with INND

Please Help !!!

2. Ricoh RDC-300 & UNIX?

3. HELP: problems with INND

4. Setting up Netscape viewers?

5. HELP: Problem with innd

6. stuff-up in pcmcia/cardbus stuff

7. I need help getting innd running correctly on the inside of my network

8. linux en netscape

9. Help!! any detail docs to setup innd??

10. INND help needed, plz

11. help with innd and rc.news

12. innd help needed...

13. HELP! Can`t get innd to w