help with X-Windows config

Post by John Morri » Sat, 18 Apr 1998 04:00:00

Have been trying to get X Windows up and running my Packard Bell
system.  I installed the files from the Slakware 3.4 cd-rom set.  After
a few tries I figured out that some of the files were not installed
correctly.  Among other problems the PATH was not set up properly.
According to the instructions that came with the cd's XF86Setup should
have been ready to run.  I am another who get the black(blank) screen
when I try to run it.  From what I can understand from the docs I have
it set up to the point I should be able to get Setup to run.  I have a
PB8528SVGL monitor and a Cirrus Logic CL-GD5428 video card.  Also, is
there a driver/module availible for an external tape backup drive?  I
have a Colorado Trakker 350 that I would like to use but from what I
have seen all of the tape modules assume that the unit connects to the
floppy conector.  Thanks.

John Morris

Hello!

I have 3 questions about X-windows:

Is there a good graphical bases typewriter (not editor) in which
i can write and layout text in x-windows, without using a bunch
of codes as in e.g. latech.

Is it possible to make a telnet like connection in a MS windows
based PC to a unix machine which is capable to run the X-windows
system. So i could use for example Xmaple when I am sitting home
where i dont have unix, but I do have a fast pc and internet.

Is there a special X-windows newsgroup?

Please e-mail me because i cant read the newsgroups so often.

thanks

Sander Zboray
http://gene.wins.uva.nl/~zboray

2. Can't mount NFS from 2.0.33 to 2.0.33

3. X-Windows comes up, when I bring up an Xterm, X-Windows quits

4. Postfix won't accept outside mail

5. After Install X-windows comes up I run Xterm, X-windows quits

6. I was sure RPC was blocking

7. X-Windows config

8. Cheap good X terminals used, anyone ?.

9. Tip for QueCDrom X-windows config

10. X-windows monitor config

11. Newbee X-Windows Config.

12. Desperate! Monitor Config for X-Windows Setup

13. Novice questions on X-windows config