does installation CD commence with startup command from a DOS prompt?

does installation CD commence with startup command from a DOS prompt?

Post by Michael Eisenstad » Sat, 10 Oct 1998 04:00:00

My home-built Slackware start-up diskette (bare.i
and trantor.s) recognizes both of my HDs but
reports 0 SCSI hosts. (My CD drive is a SCSI Sanyo
running from a Trantor 130B card).

Slackware CD disks are en route to me even as I
type.

As apparently there is no driver for the above card
in trantor.s, (documentation for trantor.s lists
various Trantor model numbers while omitting 130b),
does that mean that I must get a new SCSI card to proceed?

I am guessing that the start-up disk must see the CD
drive before installation.  Or does the installation
process start from a DOS command line?

I note that *Running Linux* 2nd edition on p. 57 has
the command "t128=mem-base, irq"

I assume however that a t130= command would be meaningless
as far as trantor.s is concerned.  Is this so?

Again, thanks in advance for any additional electronic
handholding on your part.

Michael Eisenstadt

1. Translating ARP commands from linux syntax to dos command prompt

Hi all!

Can someone please help me translating following ARP commands to dos,
so I can run then from command prompt in win98.

IPADDRESS=212.186.161.144
MODEMMAC=00:00:ca:11:fa:ee
DEVICE=eth1
FGATEWAY=10.10.10.0

arp -s $FGATEWAY $MODEMMAC -i $DEVICE
arp -s $IPADDRESS $MODEMMAC -i $DEVICE

route add -net $FGATEWAY netmask 255.255.255.0 dev $DEVICE
route add default gw $FGATEWAY dev $DEVICE

route del default gw $FGATEWAY dev $DEVICE
route del -net $FGATEWAY netmask 255.255.255.0 dev $DEVICE

Thanks a lot and greetings......Sam

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. Blank lines

3. Get "dos: no dos partition" from boot prompt

4. Low-resource GUI

5. How do i disable all ways to get access to the dos prompt on startup?

6. Joystick and device driver for Sun Ultra 10 with Solaris 7

8. When/where to setup my modem for dialin at boot?

9. Needed ftp commands from dos prompt.

10. how to create "DOS-like prompt" at shell prompt

11. Linux Installation from DOS partition or using IDE CD-ROM???

12. Copying Linux CD-ROM to DOS drive for installation?

13. Mounting DOS CD on SPARC CD/ROM