Having trouble running modem tool on server install

Having trouble running modem tool on server install

Post by Mali » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Hello,

I just installed RedHat 6.2 (Zoot) and according to the book I'm
reading, in order to get on the ineternet, I need to run modemtool
from a terminal window under X.

Well, I can't start x, and I'm guessing it's not installed by default
when you choose "server" instead of the default "Gnome Workstation",
and I telnet'd into it and tried to run modem tool, but it won't work.

Is there something extra I need to install?

TIA

Having trouble running modem tool on server install

Post by stud.. » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

u can use the start menu and then goto the internet properties. use the
configuration tool there and use the RH PPP dialer to connect. i can email
u the details if u need, u will have 2 email me the ISP u dial to details.
i need 2 know if they use WIN 98/NT or Unix clone. email me at

i'll tell u all the details u need.

> Hello,

> I just installed RedHat 6.2 (Zoot) and according to the book I'm
> reading, in order to get on the ineternet, I need to run modemtool
> from a terminal window under X.

> Well, I can't start x, and I'm guessing it's not installed by default
> when you choose "server" instead of the default "Gnome Workstation",
> and I telnet'd into it and tried to run modem tool, but it won't work.

> Is there something extra I need to install?

> TIA

1. Having trouble running ./configure when trying to install PHP for Apache 2.0

Hi,

I'm new to PHP and am trying to run a basic installation of PHP4.3.1
on Solaris 8 with Apache2.0.46 but it appears to hang when running the
./configure script.

I've successfully installed Apache2 with DSO enabled, and am running
the following as per the php.net installation instructions:-

./configure --with-apxs2=/www/apache2/bin/apxs
--with-apache=/www/apache2

That produces the following output:-

checking host system type... sparc-sun-solaris2.8

But it appears to hang here.
When I run a top I see that it launches a tr command and that this
appears to hog the CPU up to about 50% but doesn't return, it seems
stuck in a loop somewhere.

Has anyone seen anything similar or know where I should start looking
to try and fix it ?
Or am I just missing a few basic options I should be passing to the
configure script ?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Display Size

3. Troubles installing/running X Inside Motif development tools

4. Solaris 8 -- Reading CD Rom

5. Having trouble running pppd on tty0

6. Future Domain PowerIDE Support??

7. Anybody having trouble running Apache 1.1.1 on SUnOS 4.1.3 ???

8. HFS+ + MkLinux Booter = unmounted volumes

9. Still having trouble running remote X Apps.

10. Having trouble running PPPD as anything but root

11. Having trouble running linux

12. Having trouble with modem (Red Hat 3.0.3)

13. Having trouble with modem and PPP